Today, we’ll be diving into a very powerful Flow built for Sportsbook operators to help them detect and manage suspicious betting activity. This Flow sends alerts to the team through Slack and populates a Google Sheet with the relevant information for efficient reporting and follow-up. In addition, our no-code automation platform enables the operator to automate communication with partners when fraud is suspected, saving time and improving overall efficiency.
Sportsbook operators often face challenges in detecting and managing fraud due to the complexity of Sportsbook data, such as having several bets on the same bet slip. Manually identifying and tracking such bets is a time-consuming and tedious process that can lead to missed opportunities to catch fraudulent behaviour early.
With Flows no-code automation platform, we’ve built a Flow specifically tailored for Sportsbook operators to tackle this issue head-on. The Flow detects repeated bets from the same affiliateID and performs the following actions:
- Sends an alert to a designated Slack channel with all the bet details and a list of betIDs under the same affiliate that made the same bet selections within the stated period.
- Populates a Google Sheet with this information for easy reporting and follow-up.
- Enables operators to automate emails to their partners when suspecting fraudulent behaviour.
- Allows operators to automate any other actions they’d like to perform to manage such situations.
By implementing this Flow, Sportsbook operators can enjoy the following benefits:
- Significant time savings by automating the detection and management of suspicious betting activity, freeing up the team to focus on more critical tasks.
- Improved accuracy in identifying potential harmful behaviour as early as possible.
- Streamlined communication with partners to address fraudulent behaviour promptly and effectively.
- Enhanced reporting and follow-up capabilities through the automatic population of a Google Sheet with relevant information.
The world of sports betting can be highly competitive and fast-paced. With the help of Flows no-code automation platform, Sportsbook operators can stay ahead of the curve by automating tedious tasks like fraud detection and management. Flows gives you the power of automation in streamlining processes, improving efficiency, and ultimately giving operators more time to focus on growth and success.
so, how do you Flow it?
Start your Flow on a new bet
Initiate the Flow with each new bet. Ensure that the Flow only executes once for every unique BetID, applying filters on the total stake amount and events count, such as a minimum total stake amount of 10 euros and a maximum events count of 2.
Next, implement a ´For Each´ stage to separate individual bets from the bet slip. Organise each bet into a rolling counter that retains the data for X minutes, and then verify if there are over Y repeated bets within the specified time frame. If the conditions are met, the Flow will proceed to retrieve all the stored bets belonging to the same group. You decide what to group on – such as the best selection and affiliateID to detect repeated bets from the same affiliateID.
We then continue the flow by first ensuring that we only trigger one alert per Group, then send the list of BetIds under the same group to inform the team via Slack and update a report on Google Sheets. Remember that you may also add on actions such as email through Sendgrid or your chosen ESP to notify your partners of suspicious activity.
If you want to find out more about how flows can help you to accelerate delivery and supercharge your innovation, get in touch .